The JobBank Standards
- All seminars are designed/modified to meet the specific needs of the client.
- If no outline presented here matches the training required, a seminar can be created.
- The information presented is based on the most currently available internationally either in print or on the Internet and from local sources.
- The presentation utilises state of the art multi-media facilities: THESE INCLUDE VIDEOTAPES, SLIDE PROJECTION, MUSIC CLIPS, SOUND EFFECTS, COMPUTER GRAPHICS AND ACTIVITIES.
- The cost presented does not include the rental of facilities and projection equipment.
THE EFFECTIVENESS OF SEMINARS
If the objective is mainly to raise awareness, then a seminar of two (2) hours and with no limits on number of participants is quite sufficient. If on the other hand, the objective is to change behaviour we recommend less material, presented over a longer period, with more exercises and group size not exceeding 15 persons.
More than 50% of our population emerge from 6 years of primary education functionally illiterate. At the end of Secondary Education a similar proportion fail most of the subjects taken at the CXC level. It is against this background that we caution managers NOT to expect that one seminar session can by itself result in significant changes in the attitude and behaviour of staff.
What then is the role of a motivational seminar?
A Motivational Seminar serves to raise the level of staff’s awareness with respect to the issue in focus.
The final end product is dependent on what measures management institutes within the window of opportunity created by this increased awareness. This is what results in meaningful attitudinal and behavioural changes.